Stafford House Brighton - 2017/18 Information
61 Western Road, Hove, United Kingdom
The Stafford House School of English group has locations in the UK and USA and over 60 years’ experience in teaching English to a high standard.
The Stafford House school in Brighton is situated on the seafront of this exciting and cosmopolitan English city and offers modern facilities and a professional atmosphere.
Stafford House Brighton is housed in a classic Regency-style building just a few steps away from the city’s beautiful beach and seafront bars, shops and restaurants. The school offers 13 bright and modern classrooms and a range of courses to suit all abilities and needs.
Classes are taught in small groups of a maximum of 14 students and the school welcomes hundreds of English language learners from all over the world each year.
Stafford House Brighton - Key Facts:
● Courses include: General English, Intensive English, Exam Preparation and one-to-one classes.
● Diploma-qualified native English-speaking teachers
● Situated in a cosmopolitan seaside city on the south UK coast, one hour from London
● 13 classrooms with interactive whiteboards
● Computer room
● Free Wi-Fi
● Student lounge
● Social programme and excursions
● Accommodation in student residences, houses or through Homestay programme.
Teaching methodology at Stafford House Brighton is based on class participation, creative thinking and regular feedback and testing. Students learn through speaking, listening, writing and vocabulary and are encouraged to actively participate in class discussion.
The school also offers a unique ‘specialist module’ option within many of its courses, which allows students to choose topics of interest that fit with their learning goals such as; global issues, news and media, exam practice and pronunciation. All permanent teachers at Stafford House, Brighton are diploma-qualified native English speakers.
In addition to regular feedback from teachers, students receive a monthly one-to-one session with a senior member of staff to discuss their progress and any other issues related to their learning.
1. General English - 20 lessons per week, Beginner to Proficient, 1-51 week course duration, offered all year. Morning lessons only, allowing students more free time in the afternoons.
2. General English Intensive - 25 lessons per week including a specialist tailored module of interest to the student. Beginner to Proficient, 1-51 week course duration, offered all year.
3. General English Super Intensive - 30 lessons per week with the choice of two specialist modules tailored to the student’s interests (as above). Beginner to
Proficient, 1-51 week course duration, offered all year.
4. One-to-one General English - From 5 lessons plus every week. Can be combined with a group course. Beginner to Proficient.
Time and Days of the week where the course is taught: all courses are taught at the Stafford House school building in Brighton. Courses start every Monday and are for students aged 16 and above.
● Standard course (20 lessons): 09.00 to 12.40 every day
● Intensive course (25 lessons): 09.00 to 15.45 every day
● Super Intensive course (30 lessons): 9.00 to 17.20 every day
● One-to-One (5 lessons+ per week): Contact school for more information.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes
Course certificate: certificate of Achievement awarded on completion of the course.
● Intensive IELTS course: 25 lessons per week, intermediate language ability only. Minimum 5 week duration.
● Super Intensive IELTS course: 30 lessons per week, intermediate language ability only. Minimum 5 week duration.
Time and Days of the week where the course is taught: all courses are taught at The Stafford House, Brighton school building:
Intensive course: 09.00 to 14.20 every day. Super intensive course: 09.00 to 15.20 every day.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes
Course certificate: contact the school for more information about IELTS exams, held every month.
- Student Lounge
- Free Internet
- Self Study Room
- IT Lounge
- Interactive Whiteboards